Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Top Ten to Buy Organic

So, I know buying organic can be frightful to a household of any size and budget; however, just purchasing a few organic produce items can really impact your health and your lifestyle. As I was searching the web recently I came across The Green Guide and a list they compiled of the "Top 10 to Buy Organic". This list includes includes the most contaminated [containing residues from pesticides] "top ten" fruits and vegetables.

Fruits:

1. Peaches

2. Apples

3. Strawberries

4. Nectarines

5. Pears

Vegetables:

1. Spinach

2. Bell Peppers

3. Celery

4. Potatoes

5. Hot Peppers

3 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

I am really glad that you posted the top ten fruits and vegetables to eat organic, thank-you!! I look forward to following a great site that I can share my views with.

Just this week I heard something on the news that just startled me and I can't get it out of my mind...it said that for the first time in the USA, this will be the first year that the younger generation will have a shorter life span than their parents. That is a scary thought, the story went on to say it is all related to what we are eating. I don't want to outlive my children because of what I eat...

Your comment-"just purchasing a few organic produce items can really impact your health and your lifestyle"-I wholeheartedly agree
with.

Having recently recovered from a severe illness, I have completely changed my diet. Not only do I eat many more fruits and vegetables, but I have switched to more organic fruits and organic vegetables, and what a difference in my personal state of health and well being. Organic spinach is now one of my favorite must haves! And then there is organic celery....wow, now I am making myself hungry!

We all have opinions but, I truly believe there is much more ORAC value in organic produce, thus making a more nutrient-dense raw food. In the long run, much better for YOU!

Let's see what your other bloggers think...

Try a challenge and see if you can taste the difference between organic and non organic - pick the same vegetable or fruit, buy one of each - organic and non organic - can you tell?

Anonymous said...

Wow, this provokes some thought! Thanks for visiting my blog. I think that I've become much more 'organic aware' since becoming a mother - I feel much more of a need to control my family's food.